What is eStát
eStat.cz – effective state is a non-government organization established in 2004 as the first think-tank in the Czech Republic, devoting itself only and exclusively to the public administration and its effectiveness.
The eStat.cz – effective state project focuses on acquisition of the consensual concept, which the political and economic representation is able to agree on from the professional point of view, and the realisation of which will bring one of the key reforms necessary to advance the Czech Republic in the nearest future.
What does the eStat.cz – effective state bring for
eStat.cz brings a better level of state administration services for citizens by organising a more effective setting for its internal processes, by simplifying contact with the state by enabling remote access, by restricting unsuitable state interventions into the business environment and thus gaining an important factor for future economic growth. The eStat.cz projects do not resolve all state administration problems and issues and, taking in view its scope, it is unable to resolve all of them, but it represents principal progress in key sectors.
eStat.cz brings a basic breakthrough in the state – businessman relationship, i.e. the preparation of instruments eliminating excessive bureaucratic load. Though eStat.cz cannot eliminate this load, it enables the whole process to be started, actually leading to the removal of excessive bureaucratic load. On the long-term horizon, eStat.cz brings tools finally enabling huge investments into IT in the state administration to be utilized, to make the activities of state servants more effective and to facilitate the interaction of businessmen with them. Last, but not least, it brings proposals for clearing the structure of state administration authorities supervising the business sphere.
eStat.cz brings professionalization to the servants’ status. Implementation of a competitive environment between individual authorities with the same subject-matter competence is an inevitable prerequisite for the introduction of the Job System into the current state administration environment. Implementation of managerial principles into the public administration is the only chance the public sector has to withstand the pressure of globalization which it finds itself under nowadays.
Principles which the eStat.cz project works with:
- Public administration is the instrument for public affairs administration. It is not a necessary evil. All civilized societies have a government of a certain form. Government is the instrument for the implementation and realization of decisions affecting society. It is a method to resolve possible collective problems and issues.
- Civilized society cannot work effectively without effective public administration.
- The problems lie not in the people who work in the state administration sector, but in the system in which they work.
The ten principles of a slim and effective state
From the point of view of its intrinsic functioning, the state shall be
- Cheap – determination of the financial ceiling for exercise of the state administration.
- Economical – does not create further institutions, tries to optimize the current ones and/or to abolish or consolidate them.
- Modern – to carry out its activities, the state applies the procedures and instruments used by the private sector.
- Decentralized –matters are decided by the best qualified people, who are as close to the issue as possible and who have the best available information.
- Communicating –state authorities are able to communicate not only with the citizens, but even with each other, mutually, both vertically and horizontally.
- Competitive – creates a competitive environment between authorities with the same subject-matter competence (elimination of local competence is a necessary prerequisite).
- Highly-qualified clerical setup – educated, professional and highly-motivated civil servants. Civil servants in top positions are state administration managers appointed for a definite time period, based on the results of an open tender procedure.
- Professional – through its own officers the state realizes only those decision-making activities where it is irreplaceable. Auxiliary and administrative activities are outsourced, as necessary, to third parties.
- Self-reflexive – the state itself ensures bureaucracy does not further expand, does not burden citizens with further obligations and duties and carries out de-bureaucratic actions to eliminate unnecessary and absurd measures.
- Responsible – the state is responsible and liable for its decisions.
Project Manager, coordination of all email@example.com
We remember Michal Tošovský
member of the Associationvermirovsky@estat.cz
member of the Associationzajicek@estat.cz
A slim and effective state providing the services requested by the citizens, quickly, correctly, pleasantly. Modern methods and instruments are applied for this purpose.
To prepare a programme of progress for the centre-right governments, material reform of ineffective, bad services and excessively bloated bureaucratic structures being one of their priorities. The public sector must provide clear leadership and a clear vision regarding the extent and scope of the granted services.